Since I shared the original post Life Update: 5 Week Update (read it HERE) I received a tonn of support from persons who had similar experiences and persons giving suggestions on other possible alternatives. Honestly, I was surprised by all the comments I got through the different forums and I appreciated them so much. For me it meant that as women we see another person in distress and we’re willing a extend a helping hand to a sister. As my word for the year is sisterhood, you can understand why this meant so much to me if even just vaguely.
One comment that stood out to me came from a friend of my husbands who is now my friend, Simone. She wrote,
“Hi Oprah, How are you?
I want to commend you for that blog on contraceptive methods and your experience. You related your experiences so well allowing the reader to connect with you. I have always wondered which method i would settle on when my time comes. Its really something i believe we should pray about seriously as the side effects can be detrimental.
I saw this story just now, remembered your post and decided to share this with you. This is so sad though, sigh, sending up prayers for her.”
Before I share the story she mentioned, here’s what reading it did to me.
- It’s really important to pray before choosing a contraceptive method because it’s a serious thing that can really leave damages or cause death.
- It confirmed my fear about inserting things into my body. Though fear may not be a good thing sometimes it’s best to avoid things we fear.
- Sometimes you should follow your gut, if you feel something is wrong, chances are, IT IS.
- Sharing your story can help others who need to know how to overcome it or avoid even getting into it.
- Don’t ignore signs your body may be sending you. I have a tendency to “wait out the pain” that’s something I’m working on.
Tanai shared her story with FOX 45 News, you can see it by clicking HERE.
I’m sharing this as a caution to females, please be careful.