Wow, I’m THIRTY you guys! 3 whole decades of life! God is good and He has been faithful! While most women are terrified at the thought of growing older, I’m one who has always looked forward to my birthdays. Out of all my friends I’m probably the most extra about it. One year older, one year wiser. I don’t have everything figured out, but I’m learning and growing. I’m more content & confident in who I am than I’ve ever been.
Here are 30 things that I’ve learned in 30 years:
- Friends truly do come & go (and that’s OKAY) but family is forever!
- Everything ALWAYS ends up working itself out.
- What’s for you will ALWAYS find you!
- Failure/mistakes are a part of life. If you allow them, they’ll only make you a better person.
- Forget about all your timelines. Life never goes the way we’ve planned it.
- Thinking about “what ifs” is a waste of time.
- Life is short. Forgive quickly!
- Don’t be afraid to say “no” without explanation and make no apologies for it!
- Put your phone down & enjoy the now
- There’s a fine line between being nice & being walked over. Learn to speak UP!
- Time is truly one of the most valuable things in life that you can never get back.
- Be grateful for the mountain tops and the valleys.
- Perspective is everything. Always choose to look at the glass half full.
- One day you’ll look up and realize you’ve turned into your mom
- People will disappoint you.
- Someone else’s success doesn’t diminish yours
- Make time to enjoy things
- Surround yourself with positive people.
- Take a TON of pictures. They are memories. 20.1 – Invest in iCloud storage.
- You’re happiness depends on you
- You can’t change anyone but yourself
- You never know what people are going through. Be kind
- Your body will change with age and babies. Embrace it
- A lot can happen in a year
- Never forget where you came from
- Give back when you can
- Be open to trying new things
- Don’t be hard on yourself
- Appearance isn’t everything but it’s something. Always get up, dress up, & show up!
- Keep learning, keep growing.
At 30, I still have so much learning and growing to do and a lot more mistakes to make. Catch me 30 years from now and I’m sure I’ll be saying the same thing. We should never stop learning and growing. We should always try and be a better version of ourselves with each day the Lord blesses us with. Thanks for always reading my posts and asking for new ones. I read every comment you guys leave on here. It means the world to me. Here’s to 30 more years!