Have you ever had an off day? Who hasn’t, right? Maybe it’s the “Monday Blues” or something deeper like anxiety/depression. Sometimes it’s hard to shake off feeling and you get stuck wondering what to do to catch a break. It’s Important to stop and focus on your mental health! Here are a few things I do when attempting to adjust my mood and somethings others have recommended.
25 Ways to Change Your mood
- Pray about it.
- Take a long shower.
- Listen to your favorite songs. [“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley]
- Watch a good comedy and enjoy a good laugh.
- Look for humor on Pinterest/Instagram. (“Laughter is the best medicine”)
- Take a nap.
- Revisit old hobbies or passions.
- Watch one of your favorite childhood movies.
- Take a social media break! (“Too much social media can bring in comparison, self-presentation and the anxiety of keeping up with the latest”.)
- Talk/Vent to someone you love and trust.
- Treat yourself to something nice.
- Get a new hairstyle.
- Remind yourself you won’t always feel this way. It’s just an off moment not a bad life.
- Watch the sunrise/sunset.
- Cry and let it all out.
- Go outside and enjoy nature.
- Visit a river or a beach.
- Do a road trip.
- Live in the moment and stop overthinking. (Note to self)
- Smile more.
- Let small annoyances slide.
- Look in the mirror and pick out a feature you love about yourself. (Self-Love)
- Look through old photos of your favourite memories.
- Count your blessings.
- GIVE YOURSELF TIME
Despite the topic there really is no guarantee that the tips on this list will make you feel better, we’re all different and our situations are different. If none helps just know that sometimes you just have to give yourself time (#26). We can’t force ourselves into a good mood however, no mood sticks around forever (#13).
Thanks for reading. I’d love for you to share anything you could add to the list in the comments section.
“Every day may not be good…
but there’s something good in every day”