13 Reasons Why is a series which debuted on Netflix March 31, 2017. The show is about a young lady, Hannah Baker (Katherine Langford) who committed suicide and recorded 13 Reasons Why she did it on cassettes. As frustrating as the show was for me at times, I must admit that I liked some of 13 Reasons Why.
Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why returned to Netflix about three weeks now, with the after effects of Hannah’s suicidal tapes. It’s hard not to recognize that the show is addressing and bringing up conversations about very sensitive topics. Both seasons combined brings out issues of bullying, suicide, sexual assault, school shooting and heroin addiction. I don’t think the show is for everyone to be honest but the sad reality is that these are some things young people are faced with on a regular basis and it needs to be spoken about more.
I saw Justin Prentice, the actor who plays Bryce Walker, post 13 Reasons Why he’s happy as a way of spreading positivity and I thought it was a brilliant idea. Though we might see reasons to end it, there are ALWAYS reasons to keep fighting, keep going. If you are on Instagram you can check out some of the reasons persons have posted #13RYIMHAPPY. I’d encourage you to write 13 Reasons of your own. Here are my 13 Reasons.
13 Reasons Why I’m Happy
- I serve the one true Living-God
- Jonathan | I have an amazing Husband who loves me
- My family, as crazy and distant as they are at times
- Great friends
- I have a Blog that I absolutely love making posts to and possibly impact a life
- I’m healthy
- I’ve experience so much growth
- Endless possibilities that exists for me and my family in the future despite the past
- Beaches exists
- Weekends and the thrill they give
- Delicious food and the thought that there is lots I haven’t tried
- Still breathing
If you are struggling please TALK to someone who can help. Get help and please don’t use a permanent solution to end a temporary situation. Let us also be better people, spread love by saying and doing nice things.